When you are ready to explore creating a truly custom, personalized ceremony, please contact me for a no cost, no obligation meeting. I look forward to learning more about your relationship and your desires for your ceremony at that meeting. I will also share with you how I will help you make your ceremony what you want. It is my intention that you will leave that meeting confident and happy that your ceremony will be the heart of your wedding day. To check if your date is available and to schedule a meeting, contact me now.
As your custom wedding ceremony designer, ceremony celebrant and officiant, my fees take into account my time for writing, researching, and communicating with you, guiding ceremonial participants, coordinating ceremonial staff, and completing legal documents. Other variables are: location, date, rehearsal, and travel. Because each ceremony is a unique blend of these activities, the fee varies from $250 for an elopement / "make it official" / 10-minute-ish ceremony (with some personal options) up to $750 for a fully customized, written-from-scratch, just for you ceremony in Milwaukee county. When I hear more from you about what you are looking for, I can be more exact. A ceremony with both Hal and I officiating will, of course, require an additional fee.We will review your options at our meeting.
Regarding Travel: My customary service area is southeastern Wisconsin and northeastern Illinois, within an hour’s drive of Milwaukee city. I do make exceptions, with an additional travel charge. Clients are also responsible for lodging and meals for events which require an overnight stay.
What you receive in my services:
- Clarifying your needs and wants and forming a vision for your ceremony.
- Interviewing you about your love story and relationship: THIS IS THE HEART AND SOUL OF YOUR CEREMONY.
- Unlimited editing of the ceremony script - your ceremony is not ready until you say that it is.
- Consulting with other people key to the ceremony. Researching cultural or religious traditions that you wish to include in the ceremony
- Sharing resources for use in the ceremony (readings, vow formulas, etc.) and providing options for elements of your ceremony
- Rehearsing. It is my desire that you and your attendants are comfortable and secure in the flow of the ceremony so that you can relax and fully enjoy your day. Rehearsals are integral to my services.
- Providing an amplification system, as needed
- Coordinating other ceremonial participants including musicians, DJ's, photographers, and venue staff
- Diligent and enthusiastic presentation of your ceremony as your wedding celebrant and officiant
As you can see, I am your ceremony planner as well as your officiant. Your exact choice of services will be determined at our meeting.
"Judith was an absolute pleasure to work with from the beginning. She listened carefully to our wishes, got to know us, and wrote an absolutely beautiful ceremony. We have received so many compliments on our ceremony. Thanks Judith!"
Spiritual Guidance or Pre-marital Counseling
Planning your wedding ceremony can heighten your awareness of questions that you have individually or as a couple about your spirituality, beliefs, or values. I am available to help you sort out these issues.
Also, I and my husband, Hal Dessel, who is a licensed marriage and family therapist, are available as a married couple team for premarital counseling which will help you assess the strengths in your relationship and review the tools available to keep your relationship healthy.